Sunday 24 April 2011

Day 10 complete

When I planned my route for lejog i decided to give myself an easier closing quarter for the twelve day trip. This was to allow for any contingencies that might crop up. To give a buffer for any catching up. Having been averaging around 90 miles per day I have left 160 for the final three split of 70 then 60 and then 30 for the final day. So it was a pleasure to be all finished for the day shortly after 4pm today. 70 miles only today. Sounds pitiful! A hot shower a cup of tea and I'm recharged and ready for a pint and dinner. I am staying tonight in Lairg about 40 miles from the north coast of Scotland. I am close now but cant take anything for granted yet. there's still work to be done and some remote areas to be covered. Thanks Marty for your inspiring message! Time for eats now. Weather looks grey for tomorrow- as long as its not north easterly winds!

No comments:

Post a Comment