Thursday 21 April 2011

Lunch stop report. TC the mechanic!

Today started strangely lethargically as it felt I was cycling with my brakes on. Three miles from Lockerbie I discovered I had been as I'd broken a spoke and the wheel rim was hitting the pads. Nearest bike shop Dumfries but wrong direction. So I cycled for a while with the back brake released and took a look in Lockerbie. The break was on the back but not on the cassette side so I was able to twist and tug a new spoke through. Sorted!  Anyone who knows how useless I am at anything diy-ish will not believe I fixed it but I did feel thrilled to achieve that. My knee problem is quite a worry. Started playing up quite soon and this mornings 42 miles to Moffat have been quite sore. Thanks Marty and Ron for your suggestions and I will tweak my seat as you suggest. Hopefully can get another 35 done before resting it again. Moffat is lovely. Its red hot again.

1 comment:

  1. Tony
    well done on fixing the spoke--but I can't believe you broke another one though!
    I share the worry about the knee--are the anti iflamms doing any good /---you can take pain killers along with them --just don't overdo the stuff
    At least you are now in Gods country and that would make me feel better at any rate and you are over half way--it's all downhill from here
    Make sure your tyres are pumped up to near the max as stated on the wall of the tyres I know I'm probably teaching a hen to suck eggs in view of your new found mechanicing skills--it's amazing what you can manage when you're desperate
    Best wishes again
    Ron

    ReplyDelete