Tuesday 19 April 2011

Laterooms have let me down

When you put a trip of this magnitude together you have to hope that all the stop overs give you the chance to rest up and be comfortable. Sadly laterooms have let me down badly when I booked a pub bnb for day 4. The room was quite disgusting and the shower facility a danger to health. I washed up as best I could after 100 miles cycling then walked the village to see if there was anything else but no joy. I couldn't have slept in the bed so lay on top desperate for sleep. However within two hours I suffered an allergic reaction. My eyes became swollen and I was asthmatic something I haven't had for at least 20 years. I had to get out of that room but there were no night staff and everything was locked up. My night from 2am has therefore been spent sitting on a kitchen chair in the breakfast room. I wont be offering to pay for this awful night and only hope I can manage 80 odd miles to Preston on no sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Tony, hope you are ok and not too badly affected. Hang on in there, you want to try sleeping with Tich, farting ans snoring all night and last night he was singing the whole night through! Thinking of you anyway, hope tonights lodgings are better, and you sleep well.

    ReplyDelete