Monday 18 April 2011

Day 4 over!

I was expecting a hard day and it didn't disappoint. A beautiful morning got the day off well as i set off before breakfast at 7.15 and got a quick 27 miles under the belt to Hereford via Monmouth and the back roads. Some climbs but manageable. But the next 30 were hard as I seemed to hit the wall. No energy at all. The miles to Shrewsbury via Ludlow seemed never ending. And the A49 was not bike friendly. A problem developed with my pedals and these had to be replaced. Good to find a helpful bike shop. Thanks go to Brian Ben and Jacquie for re-fuelling me at their excellent village deli in Shrewsbury. They wouldn't let me pay so when I get back I will make a donation on their behalf. Todays mileage tipped over 100 miles owing to some poor roadsigns in the city centre (or my bad navigational skills!) .... Running total since Friday is 344

No comments:

Post a Comment