Monday 25 April 2011

Day 11 finishes early.

It was so fantastic to see the northern coast of Scotland today and to follow it along towards Reay where I'm staying tonight. Earliest finish of the tour at 3pm after 62 miles so just sat and had a cuppa with my hosts and going out for a walkalong the beach shortly. With hindsight I could have finished day 10 at Altnaharra (there is one hotel) and left 75 to do today to the finish line at JO'G. So 11 days is probably the optimum time for me. But I have been lucky so far and left this gap at the end to deal with any issues along the way. So tomorrow it should be done by lunch time as its about 32 miles from here. Assuming I do it tomorrow, would love to see some of you out on Thursday or Friday when I'm home so I can thank you for keeping me going with all your messages.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Tony, nearly there what an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TONY
    Brilliant effort and many congratulations for tomorrow.
    Enjoy the moment and I hope you don't ache too long afterwards
    I told you ,you would enjoy Scotland!
    Best wishes again
    Ron

    ReplyDelete