Wednesday 20 April 2011

Day 6 morning blog

Well after the problems of the past two days today has been a pleasure. Good sleep followed by some cereals for breakfast and a leisurely 43 miles along a fairly quiet A6 to Kendal. Plan was to stop here for lunch but essential that I get up Shap without loads of bulk inside so just stopping for a pint of orange then lunch at the top of Shap. Two quick stops today firstly to send back stuff that I've carried for 5 days and never used eg woolly hat, leg ins, ipod and charger, back sack, radio, book and two pairs of headphones! I can at last get my jacket off and into the bags which helps keep me cooler. 2nd stop was at a pharmacy for some diclophenic for the knee which is fine at the moment. Scenery much better today - beats scary tattooed men in vests with pitbulls and cans of beer in the streets of Warrington and Wigan. Maybe I'm getting a softy! Thank you Ron, Diane, Rhonda, Holly and Alison for your messages of support. It really helps when you're out here on your own! Now for Shap!

No comments:

Post a Comment